Denby’s Batch Cooking: Spicy Sweet Potato, Coconut & Ginger Soup
Blogger Jessica Beautician has created a deliciously creamy sweet potato, coconut and ginger soup. Perfect for a healthy pick me up, you could double up on the recipe and freeze for one of those days when you need something quick and tasty!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 white onions, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Chop the two onions then add them to a large pan with the olive oil and allow them to soften on a medium heat.
- Mince the garlic, add it to the pan and fry it off for a minute.
- Grate in the ginger, then finely chop the red chilli, reserving a few pieces to garnish and add that to the pan too.
- Fry everything off for a few minutes before then adding in the turmeric and frying it off for a further two minutes.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into roughly 2cm cubes and add those to the pan, mix everything well then cook that off for around 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and the coconut milk, then season well with salt and black pepper.
- Stir then bring it to the boil and allow it to cook on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat back down to low-medium, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add in the majority of the fresh coriander then blend with a hand-blender or transfer to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Heat again if necessary, serve hot and garnish with the remaining red chilli, fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze in an airtight container and use within 2 weeks for maximum freshness.
Enjoy! We would love to some pictures of you making this with your family, share them on our social media pages and don’t forget to use #AtHomeWithLDO.