DENBY Chocolate Week Recipes
Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake by Sandhya’s Kitchen
Try this easy flourless chocolate mug cake recipe for a quick sweet treat. Created by food blogger, Sandhya’s Kitchen.
2 eggs, cold
1/4 cup of chocolate chips 3 tbsp of butter
1/8 tsp baking powder
1. Place the eggs in a bowl and beat using a hand mixer at a high speed. 2. Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a bowl, stirring in between, until all of the chocolate and butter are melted into a smooth consistency.
3. Stir in the baking powder and mix together.
4. Fold 1/3 of the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture using a spoon and the cut and fold method.
5. Fold in half of the remaining egg mixture , and then again the remaining, until it’s all combined.
6. Transfer the cake mixture into a Denby Mug, and place it into the microwave for 90-120 seconds. If you feel the cake is under cooked, microwave for a further 30 seconds max.
7. Allow the cake to cool down. Serve your flourless chocolate mug cake with a spoonful of ice cream.
Shop a beautiful selection of mugs and save up to 60% off RRP in the Denby Mid Season Sale
Chocolate and Vanilla Truffles
The Healthy Twists duo have created this deliciously indulgent chocolate and vanilla truffle recipe
For about 10 truffles:
100g 70%+ dark chocolate •50ml coconut cream
•1 tbsp. coconut oil
•1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the truffle coating: •Handful of pistachios, crushed •1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
Serve on a Denby Natural Canvas Rectangular platter
& get an extra 50% off outlet price in the Denby Mid Season Sale
1.Finely chop the chocolate and add to a glass bowl with the vanilla extract, coconut cream and coconut oil.
2.Place the bowl over a saucepan of just boiling water (a bain-marie) and stir until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients have combined.
3.Leave to cool then cover the bowl and place in the fridge for up to 11⁄2 hours – remove before the chocolate sets firmly.
4.Meanwhile, pulse the pistachios in a blender until they form a crumb. Place in a bowl and set to one-side. 5.Using two teaspoons, scoop out some of the chocolate truffle mixture and roughly shape into balls using either the teaspoons or the palms of your hands.
6.Put the truffle into the crushed pistachios and roll until lightly coated. Set to one-side and repeat until you have used all of the truffle mixture. Alternatively, dust some of the truffles in cacao powder. Return to the fridge to chill. Serve on a Denby rectangular platter
Store the truffles in the fridge and eat within 4 days.
Chocolate & Nut Honeycomb
For a simple and shareable dessert, make honeycomb topped with chocolate and nuts
•Butter for greasing
•200g castor sugar
•5 tbsp golden syrup
•2 tsp bicarbonate of soda •Melted chocolate for drizzling •1 cup of nuts
1.Prepare a tin or baking tray and line with butter
2.Measure out the sugar and syrup and place in a saucepan on a low heat
3.Once the sugar has melted, turn up the heat and simmer 4.The mixture should then quickly turn a deep golden colour. Turn off the heat and immediately add the bicarbonate of soda, beating it together to create a foaming mixture 5.Transfer the mixture to the tin or baking tray, taking care as the caramel will be extremely hot
6.Leave to cool for up to 2 hours
7.Once fully cooled and hardened, drizzle over your favourite chocolate and sprinkle nuts before breaking up to serve in a Denby bowl.
Denby Natural Canvas Bowls
Save an extra 50% off outlet price in the Denby Mid Season Sale