Wembley Park comes even more alive on Event Days whether they’re at Wembley Stadium or The SSE Arena. As popular destinations it’s best to plan and make the most of your trip. See below for our hints and tips on how to make the most of your day even when it’s busy – and how best to avoid the crowds.
For a list of upcoming Wembley Stadium and SSE Arena events please click here.
- Plan your journey – Wembley Park is easy to get to by tube, train, bus or car and Stadium events in particular can be extremely busy so it's smart to plan your journey and anticipate that roads and public transport may be busier than usual.
- Make a day of it - come early, browse LDO’s 50 outlet shops and then settle in with a bite to eat and a glass or two at any of LDO’s 20 restaurants, coffee shops or bars. Coffee shops are open early, restaurants from midday.
- Park for £1 an hour – spend £40+ at LDO and, subject to availability, park for just £1 an hour (first six hours).
- Catch a movie – yes, you’re here for an event, but why not watch that film you’ve been meaning to see?
- Stay late – many of LDO’s bars and restaurants are open late, so there’s no need to rush off after the event. Avoid the crowds, relax and take your time.
Some other clever (FREE) tips:
- DropIt Shopping - all purchases bought at any of LDO’s 50 outlet stores^ can be gathered together and swiftly delivered to your home, hotel or workplace at a time and date of your choice, with same-day deliveries available anywhere within the M25.
- Juice up – don’t worry about your mobile phone running out of juice. Find our free charging points up on level 2.
- Log on – LDO offers all guests free Wi-Fi. Look for LDO-FREE and enjoy!
- Toilets – a necessary facility for any trip. If you are dining at LDO every restaurant has its own facilities for you to use; if you are just here for the event you will find facilities at the Stadium and on Arena Square, outside The SSE Arena. LDO’s toilets are there for our guests’ use.
- Check out what else is on in Wembley Park, whats on at Wembley
If you’re visiting on a Stadium event day there is no pre-booking available at any of LDO’s 20 bars, coffee shops and restaurants as it is only fair when busy to operate a first come first served system. In order to help guests dine or drink as quickly as they wish, most restaurants offer special event-day menus which mean you can enjoy the same freshly-prepared food but be served quicker.
Parking for LDO guests on large stadium event days is only available in York House car park for up to 2 hours and the parking rate is £40, for LDO shoppers who spend £40 and more in the LDO will have this reduced to £1 an hour (2 hour parking limit). Guests will need to have their receipts verified at the York House car park when leaving to receive the discounted rate. There is strictly no match day car parking for people going to the games.
Dates this is applicable to:
Sunday 13th June
Friday 18th June
Tuesday 22nd June
Saturday 26th June
Tuesday 29th June
Tuesday 6th July
Wednesday 7th July
Sunday 11th July
For a full list of Wembley Stadium events please click here.
For a full list of The SSE Arena events please click here.